I have received several emails from readers asking for help on making the jigsaw heart card that I posted the other week. Here are some tips that should explain how I did it:
1. The MTC Jigsaw Generator is located outside of the program. If you have the registered version, you will find it in the Make the Cut! directory on your computer.
|Other files in the directory are not shown in picture above.|
2. For my card, I used a 4"x4" jigsaw that has 16 pieces. Export the jigsaw SVG by clicking on "Export Puzzle".
3. Now start MTC and import the heart and the jigsaw svg. In order to turn the heart into a jigsaw, follow the steps as illustrated below:
4. Once the jigsaw heart is completed, just add the sentiment and print.
5. For a more accurate placement of both the heart and the sentiment, I used a letter-size and an A2-size rectangle as a guide.
6. To complete the card, just adhere the jigsaw pieces using glue and foam tape for added dimension.
That's it! I hope that this answers your questions about the jigsaw heart. If you made a card with this mini tutorial, I would really love to see it. If you have MTC but have not played with the Jigsaw Generator yet, well, what are you waiting for?
Go play! ;-)