Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Create-A-Critter on Canvas

"Hello....if you think you've seen me before, you have! 
I'm on page 62."  :-)

The first time I set my eyes on this hedgehog, I thought it was too cute to keep on a card. Somehow it seems like it belongs on a place where it can be more visible and can be better appreciated. Where anyone who walks pass it, can stop and tell it how adorable it is....

Like on a canvas hanging on the wall.

The truth is I am no artist. I've tried many times before but I. Just. Can't. Paint. That doesn't mean I wasn't going to try to set this hedgie free from paper.

Armed with my Cricut, my canvas, acrylic paints, freezer paper, and hot iron, I fought to put this hedgie on the wall. It wasn't without a struggle as I found out painfully that the freezer paper did not stick to my canvas like it does to fabric (t-shirts). Nevertheless, I think a battle was won. This hedgie is now sitting on my wall looking at me, as I am here looking back at it. :-)


  1. Thank you, joeygirl86! Also, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. :)


    gale, thank you. :) the more i look at this fellow the more it (she?) reminds me of the penny black hedgehogs. :P

  2. This is darling. Good for you for saying..."I wonder if I can..."! I love it!

  3. These critters translate in to many different mediums! Great job! They are all so very adorable!

  4. So darling!!! How about a video walking thru the steps??

  5. GREAT IDEA~ you are an artist after all!

  6. Oh wow! That is super, duper awesome! I love it!

  7. So how DID you do this. It's very cute.

  8. Wow that is so cool! Great job and good for you for sticking with it!! TFS