Tuesday, August 9, 2011

PSA Blog Hop (Day 2): and the teacher says...


It's Day 2 of the PSA Essential Back-to-School Blog Hop. If you had missed yesterday's post, please click here to go to the start of the hop. 


Today's card is a print-and-cut project. The main image is from Lettering Delights' Grown Up Girls graphic set and the speech bubble is from the Talk Cut-it set. Everything except the main image was cut using Make-the-Cut and the Silhouette SD

A reader had emailed me to ask if I could show her how to print-and-cut with the Silhouette Studio software. Thank goodness I wrote a tutorial for that because I had almost forgotten how to do it myself! While trying to help her, I ended up referring to my own tutorial. I also decided to print-and-cut the teacher image out while I was at it. To read about my first print-and-cut experience with the Silhouette SD, just click here. To learn how to print-and-cut with the Silhouette Studio program, just watch my video tutorial here:



For the sentiment (inside the speech bubble) and the background, I used the PSA Super Star peel-and-stick stamps.

The border at the bottom of the card comes from a Martha Stewart Punch.


Your next stop on this hop is Kassidy's Inking It Up Crazy. Click here to go there now. Don't forget to leave a comment on everyone's blog to enter into the grand prize (retail $85) that is sponsored by PSA Essentials. Here again is the list of participants on this hop:




Happy Blog-Hopping!


Pin It

26 comments :

  1. Card is adorable, I love how you did the background and your tutorial for the Silhouette was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! The ruler brings back memories of parochial school:-0 hee hee... thanks for the tutorial..
    jejaeb at cfl dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card - love your style... as always Jin! Ruth Gillis Stevens
    stev288@pwrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!

    amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamping background turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Grown Up Girls set - can't wait to make a cute card like yours.
    kathytrush@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you used your tools!~ thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my word you just continue to amaze me! You are so talented! Thank you for sharing your talent and the easy how to guides with the rest of us!
    Hugs
    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soo cute! I love the teacher!

    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cute love that you stamped your background papper.
    http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the teacher, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The teacher is so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh she is too cute and darn it I am starting to look like that - No bun yet - LOL
    Nicely done - great color combo
    Perderg{at}q{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    a great card. I have problems with the Print and Cut function....
    I like your cards!
    Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehehe too cute!

    sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
    sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice site as always Jin love getting inspired by you!
    stev288@pwrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO cute!! ydixon57@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have the silhouette but ti looks like it cuts beautifully.
    pthoreson04 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh so perfect for back to school! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute card! And I am constantly impressed with how accurate the Silhouette cuts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is so cute. Wish I could lift it from the sreen. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute!! Teachers would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this. I cannot wait until the Silhouette Cameo comes out. I have been waiting for a 12" Silhouette just because of how well it does PNC, which I learned from your blog!!

    ReplyDelete